Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lemon Poppy Seed Soap, or Danny's Soap

Danny's Lemon Poppy Seed Soap


I always listen when my customers make suggestions of different soaps they would like me to make. The other day, I was chatting with Danny, my May Customer of the Month.  Danny suggested a Lemon Poppy Seed soap.  I thought it was a great idea.  The only problem is that lemon essential oil is a top note.  Top notes are the first scent you smell when you sniff something.  They usually don't last long. I played around with some other lemon oils and came up with a blend of California Lemon, May Chang and Lemongrass that smells very lemony and seems to hold up well in the soap. I think it looks as beautiful as it smells and I can't wait to try it.

If you have an idea for a soap that you'd like me to make, leave a comment below. I would love to hear your ideas.

Yours in Gratitude,
Angela

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! I usually like to anchor my citrus scents to a heavier, woodsy scent. =)

    ReplyDelete