Friday, March 8, 2013

Victoria's science project

Victoria is a student at Holy Trinity High School.  She told me she had a science project and she wasn't sure what to do for it. I suggested she do a project on the different properties of oils in soap making. She decided to focus on lather. We made two batches of soap, one was a pure olive oil soap and the other was a blend of olive, coconut and palm.  Victoria gave samples of each soap to friends and family to wash with, and compiled data by giving them all a questionnaire to answer. She found out that the soap make with the coconut, palm and olive oil produced more bubbles than the soap made only with olive oil.

Victoria and her science project

You can see the picture of the 2 different soaps

The bar graph showing her results
And here is the close-up of the two of us, after we finished making both soaps

I think Victoria enjoyed this science project and I know I enjoyed working with her. Victoria I see amazing things for you in your future! You rock!

Yours in Gratitude,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment