Thursday, April 25, 2013

Why l only use essential oils


My collection of soap making essential oils

I once was the person who could spend hours in a Yankee Candle store. I loved all the different fragrances, the strawberry, pumpkin, lemon chiffon, milk and honey, winter snow, ocean mist and baby powder.  And walking into Lush was like walking into heaven. So when I first started to make soap, I used fragrance oils. I had so much fun ordering them.  They all sounded delicious. I couldn't wait till they arrived so I could smell them. Soon though, I started getting headaches.  The debilitating kind of headache where I couldn't eat, think, or function. I would have to go straight to bed. And sometimes, even after I woke up, the pain was still there.  It didn't take me long to realize the headaches were caused by fragrance oils, and they had to go. Using them in such a concentrated form was no good for me. I started playing around with the essential oils and found they didn't bother me at all. So that is why I use them exclusively.  When people request/suggest I make a soap made with a fragrance oil, I will refer them to one of my soap maker friends who can use them. That way, we all win.



 Lavender, Lemongrass, Geranium, Orange and Peppermint


Grapefruit, Ylang Ylang, Anise and Rosemary


Some samples of Spearmint, Wintergreen and Carrot Seed


Clary Sage, Clove, and Beragmot



Tea Tree, Coriander and Camphor


Yours in Gratitude,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment