Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tinctures

My new tincture collection



One of the things I love to do is to make tinctures for the base of my perfumes.  This is a trick I learned from Charna Ethier of Providence Perfumes. I bought some Everclear alcohol, placed any dry herb or fruit in a canning jar, and covered it with the alcohol. These jars would sit on my porch windowsills and musically make a "Tink" as the top would expand and contract during the day and night. Nothing was safe from my tincturing experiments. I even tinctured steel cut oatmeal.

The other day I was out on my porch, cleaning up for the summer. I noticed some of my tinctures had been sitting for 2 years. I decided to filter and start using them. They look really pretty in the bottles with the labels, don't you think? I'm already thinking of what I can add to the steel cut oatmeal...

Yours in Gratitude,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment