Monday, July 15, 2013

Gratitude List 7.15.13


When I started putting together my blessing list on Thursday I had a collection of some pretty usual things. My back garden, breakfast with some old high school friends and celebrating 33 years of marriage with my husband. Then Friday came, and my dad needed emergency surgery.  My list suddenly changed.

1. The ER doctor who quickly diagnosed my dad and got him into the OR stat
2. The surgeon, who successfully did my dad's surgery
3. The nurses who took care of him all through his stay so far and the nursing care he continues to receive in the ICU
4. My dad's strength and courage to heal as quickly as he can
5. My dad's sense of humor, which is still apparent despite his recovery pain

What a difference a day can make. 

Yours in Gratitude,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment